ASI celebrated HARA week in 2016 by providing fact sheets, focus features, and infographics on a number of important issues relevant to human-animal relationships. Follow the links below to learn more about each day’s topic.
- Monday, November 14: Companion Animals—clearly the animals who have benefited the most from human contact, and who have in turn given us so much.
- Tuesday, November 15: Human-Animal Studies—the field of academic study which looks at all of the ways in which humans and other animals interact, both good and bad.
- Wednesday, November 16: Animals in Shelters—as much as we love our companion animals, the number of them living in animal shelters points to some serious problems surrounding that relationship.
- Thursday, November 17: Animal Assisted Interventions—it shouldn’t surprise us that, given how important other animals are to us, animals play an increasingly central role in our health and well-being.
- Friday, November 18: Violence Prevention and Intervention—violence towards both animals and people is one of the subjects that ASI is most concerned about, and one for which we have long provided resources.