ASI is looking for a Grant Proposal Writer. This contracted position is responsible for actively supporting ASI programs and cultivation activities. The successful candidate will have the expertise to craft funding proposals and reports in a clear and compelling manner. Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are a must. Candidates must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and have experience using online databases and other sources to locate biographical, financial, and philanthropic information.
The Grant Proposal Writer position will be responsible for:
- Drafting and submitting letters of intent, grant proposals, and supporting documents based on the funding requirements.
- Compiling, drafting, and submitting all aspects of open grant reports.
- Identify new sources of funding and grant opportunities.
- Documenting research and proposal submission efforts.
- Collaborating with the Executive Director to create an effect grant program tailored to meet annual fundraising goals.
Requirement Skills & Abilities
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years of successful prospect research and proposal development.
- Fundraising: Excellent knowledge of proposal submission and fundraising process, ability to understand programs, and funding requirements as well as strong research skills and knowledge of information sources. Demonstrated success in attracting private funding grant support via letters of intent and other introductory documents.
- Technical Skills: Proficient in the use of technology, including, but not limited to MS Office, Google Apps including Mail, Sheets, Doc, Drive etc.
- Professionalism: Ability to handle confidential matters with the utmost integrity and discretion about confidential information, ethical, and trustworthy.
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of animal protection issues
- Understand the role of think tanks and their impact in society
- Experience researching government opportunities
- Experience writing successful federal grant applications
- Graphic design software, i.e. Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Canva
- Job Type: Contractual
- Work Location: 100% remote
- Pay: $25-$50/hr
How To Apply
If you are interested please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Grant Proposal Writer. Please attach a PDF version of your resume, cover letter, and two grant proposals you’ve written (please redact names of foundations, organizations, etc.). Please answer these questions in your cover letter; why are you applying to ASI? Why does your experience make you a good fit? What types of grants have you written in the past? Please also include your hourly pay requirements.
The Animals & Society Institute is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace.