ASI celebrated HARA week in 2016 by providing fact sheets, focus features, and infographics on a number of important issues relevant to human-animal relationships. Follow the links below to learn more about each day’s topic.
- Monday, November 14: Companion Animals—clearly the animals who have benefited the most from human contact, and who have in turn given us so much.
- Tuesday, November 15: Human-Animal Studies—the field of academic study which looks at all of the ways in which humans and other animals interact, both good and bad.
- Wednesday, November 16: Animals in Shelters—as much as we love our companion animals, the number of them living in animal shelters points to some serious problems surrounding that relationship.
- Thursday, November 17: Animal Assisted Interventions—it shouldn’t surprise us that, given how important other animals are to us, animals play an increasingly central role in our health and well-being.
- Friday, November 18: Violence Prevention and Intervention—violence towards both animals and people is one of the subjects that ASI is most concerned about, and one for which we have long provided resources.
Share Us Online