We are extremely pleased to announce that the Tata Institute of Social Sciences, located in Mumbai, India, has been awarded the 2017 International Development Project Award from the Animals & Society Institute (ASI) and The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS). Their award will include financial and consultative support leading to the creation of an HAS program at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences, which includes the creation of a credited course for Master’s students, a fieldwork placement with an animal protection organization, a seminar series, and an end-of-year workshop that brings together students, scholars and practitioners from across India. The goal of this program is to build a foundation for a long-term research and teaching program in HAS at the Tata Institute.
Search for our Content!
Like Us On Facebook
September 26 - September 30
- The ‘Feline Five’: An exploration of personality in pet cats (Felis catus)
- Animal-Assisted Interventions in Audiology
- Dogs don’t always prefer their owners and can quickly form strong preferences for certain strangers over others
- Careful Surveillance at Play: Human-Animal Relations and Mobile Media in the Home
- Treatment, Palliative Care or Euthanasia? Comparing End of Life Issues in Human and Veterinary Medicine