We are extremely pleased to announce that the Tata Institute of Social Sciences, located in Mumbai, India, has been awarded the 2017 International Development Project Award from the Animals & Society Institute (ASI) and The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS). Their award will include financial and consultative support leading to the creation of an HAS program at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences, which includes the creation of a credited course for Master’s students, a fieldwork placement with an animal protection organization, a seminar series, and an end-of-year workshop that brings together students, scholars and practitioners from across India. The goal of this program is to build a foundation for a long-term research and teaching program in HAS at the Tata Institute.
Search for our Content!
Like Us On Facebook
August 20 - August 24
September 5 - September 8
September 26 - September 30
- The Pet Food Industry: An Innovative Distribution Channel for Animal Welfare Meat?
- Listening to horses Developing attentive interspecies relationships through sport and leisure
- Animal ethics and welfare education in wet-lab training can foster residents’ ethical values toward life
- Double Jeopardy: Insurance, Animal Harm, and Domestic Violence
- Commercializing the Unpredictable: Perspectives From Wildlife Watching Tourism Entrepreneurs in Sweden