We are extremely pleased to announce that the Tata Institute of Social Sciences, located in Mumbai, India, has been awarded the 2017 International Development Project Award from the Animals & Society Institute (ASI) and The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS). Their award will include financial and consultative support leading to the creation of an HAS program at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences, which includes the creation of a credited course for Master’s students, a fieldwork placement with an animal protection organization, a seminar series, and an end-of-year workshop that brings together students, scholars and practitioners from across India. The goal of this program is to build a foundation for a long-term research and teaching program in HAS at the Tata Institute.
Search for our Content!
Like Us On Facebook
- Social-emotional Adjustment and Pet Ownership Among Adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- The Fungus among Us: Zoosemiotics and Fuzzy Bodily Boundaries in Science Fiction Horror Cinema
- Understanding how Preservice Teachers’ Fear, Perceived Danger and Disgust Affects the Incorporation of Arachnid Information into the Elementary Science Classroom
- Solidarity between human and non-human animals: Representing animal voices in policy deliberations
- Ethics and Animal Welfare