The ASI has developed programs, events, publications and other resources that expand the availability of courses and resources in institutions of higher learning. We also want students to come to human-animal studies, taking courses and choosing majors, minors, or certificates in the field.
- Think about applying for our annual summer institute for HAS students
- Think about forming your own Student Animals and Society Institute (SASI) chapter at your college
- Think about applying for our undergraduate paper prize for students in HAS
- Join ASI as a student scholar member (the price is only $25 for students!) so that you can get your own Scholar Page
- Visit our page of links to organizations, Journals, university programs, and research centers in Human Animal Studies
Find out what college to attend for your undergraduate or graduate program by visiting the HAS courses page
- Interested in applying to a veterinary program or law school program with an emphasis in human-animal studies? Veterinary programs can be found linked here while law schools can be found linked here
Thinking of majoring in HAS? Visit the HAS certificates and degree programs page
- Get an internship at an animal advocacy organization
- Find out about possible jobs for someone with a background in animal studies
- Intern with ASI!
- Think about submitting an article to our new journal for undergraduates, Sloth
- Need funding? There are some sources for grants and scholarships for students who are working in the field of animal welfare, including the Shaw-Worth Memorial Scholarship, the Vegetarian Resource Group College Scholarship, the Culture and Animals Foundation, and the Institute for Critical Animal Studies.