HASResource is an online portal which features documents and materials that can help you in your teaching and research.
We’ve collected syllabi from a dozen institutions to help you to craft your own course syllabi, we have a few course assignments and exams that you can use in your classes, we have a great collection of videos on our Youtube page that are appropriate for classroom use, and we have a number of film and reading resources for your use, including a downloadable pdf of hundreds of HAS readings, a link to a library of hundreds of animal rights readings, and a downloadable pdf of dozens of documentaries and films.
For HAS Scholar members, we have additional resources which require a password to access. These include a set of PowerPoint presentations that are geared to be used with the textbook Animals & Society: Introduction to Human-Animal Studies, and we offer our Scholar members back issues of both of our journals: Society & Animals, and Journal of Applied Animal Welfare Science.
We are adding to it all the time, so check back frequently to see what’s new!
Do you have any resources you think we should add? Publications to add to the bibliography, films to add to the film list, and syllabi to add to our collection? How about classroom activities, tests, or assignments? If so, please email Margo DeMello!
- HAS Syllabi
- HAS Course Assignments and Exams
- Animal Film Reviews by Pete Porter
- HAS Videos on Youtube
- Animals & Society: Introduction to Human-Animal Studies, a textbook for students
- Teaching the Animal: Human-Animal Studies Across the Disciplines, a guidebook for faculty
- HAS Bibliography
- Teaching Human-Animal Studies (Powerpoint)
- HAS Film List
- Research Nutshell (HAS Research items for use in classroom or research)
- Kim Stallwood’s Animal Rights Bibliography
- Ken Shapiro’s HAS Bibliography
- Humane Society of the United States’ Animal Studies Repository
- HASImages and HASCinema, blogs where you can find images and short videos, along with an analysis of the videos and images, to use in your teaching
For Scholar Members Only
- HAS Course PowerPoints, to be used with the textbook Animals & Society: Introduction to Human-Animal Studies
- Back issues of Society & Animals
- Back issues of Journal of Applied Animal Welfare Science