CfHAS will host a two day event on the theme of animals and social change.
- What constitutes effective social change for other animals?
- How do particular framings of animal ethics and veganism shape strategies for intervention and change?
- How do the worlds of animal advocacy and academic research on human-animal relations speak to each other? Could more come from those interactions?
- What role do visual media, the online vegan community and documentary film-making play in effecting social change?
- How do different communities imagine progressive social change for animals taking place?
This conference will include paper and poster presentations, film screenings and workshop sessions focused on strategies for social change involving dialogue between academics, activists and advocates. The event is designed to facilitate time and space for discussion.
This conference will be of interest to those working in critical animal studies, advocacy, grassroots activism, animal media and the vegan business community.